NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Fort Bliss officials are responding to a video showing unfavorable conditions at the facilities housing Afghan migrants. News Nation obtained footage showing the facilities caked in mud and rust at the Doña Ana housing complex.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The public affairs director at the base says they cannot validate the timing or exact location of the photographs. And while not perfect, officials say the defense department and its contractors are trying to make the housing safe.
Advocates have called the conditions disgusting and inhumane. “They don’t have just basic necessities like a razor, a toothbrush, cream, or sunblock,” said one advocate.
Fort Bliss public affairs says teams are on site around the clock to monitor the conditions and gather input from refugees.