**Video Correction: The video states that the residents were evacuated, this was incorrect. Residents were sent to the lobby until the fire department allowed them to return to their apartment homes.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A total of 28 residents at an assisted living community in northeast Albuquerque were sent to their lobby following a small fire Friday night.
Crews were called to the home on Eubank near Academy after reports of a smell of smoke.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: 15-year-old suspect in Coronado Center shooting turns himself in
- Local: Albuquerque Mountain Rescue Council warns about false trails in Sandia Mountains
- Community: Farolito or luminaria? New Mexico State historian sheds light on the history of the paper lantern
- Sports: Remembering Chris Eaton by playing basketball
Firefighters located a heat source in the attic space where they found charred wood and burnt insulation which was started by electrical wiring.
Officials said there was minimal damage to the building, and there were no injuries reported. Residents were able to return to their apartment homes once the fire department allowed.