FARMINGTON, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police responded to a crash on US Highway 64 near Farmington on Thursday night. Police identified one of the passengers involved in the crash had sustained fatal injuries from the crash.
Story continues below
- COVID-19: NMDOH enacts crisis standards of care for health care system
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque police, fire unions sound off on proposed vaccine mandate
- Weather: Clear skies as temperatures drop for some across the state
- Health: ABQ BioPark closes for staff mental health day
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 19 de Octubre 2021
A 52-year-old woman was driving a Nissan Sentra at a low speed along the highway, and a 32-year-old man rear-ended the woman’s car. One of the passengers in the Sentra, Susana Palacios-Valencia was injured and was pronounced dead by the Office of the Medical Investigator.
Another passenger in the Sentra was a 24-year-old who was uninjured. Both drivers in the crash sustained injuries, though their conditions are currently unknown. NMSP is still investigating the cause of the crash.