SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police are investigating a shooting involving the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday. It happened at Avenida Del Sur and Highway 14. NMSP says the deputies are okay and the suspect is injured.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Repeat speeder arrested after going 140 mph down Montgomery
- Albuquerque: Police search for tips in Albuquerque shooting following Walmart altercation
- Weather: Windy weather continues for some into Wednesday
- New Mexico: Crew member who gave Baldwin gun subject of prior complaint
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
Just before 4 p.m., deputies responded to a call about a person who walked into the Allsup’s on Highway 14 and appeared to be drunk. At some point, that person went outside and fired a gun. Deputies and SWAT team members negotiated with the person for two hours when shots were fired by a deputy. The suspect was injured and taken to the hospital.
The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office says the deputy involved will be placed on standard administrative leave.