SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police say Thursday night’s police shooting in Santa Fe involved an Allsup’s employee. Investigators say deputies got a call that 39-year-old Marvin Montoya was armed and had barricaded himself in the bathroom of the store on Avenida Del Sur and Highway 14.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Repeat speeder arrested after going 140 mph down Montgomery
- Albuquerque: Police search for tips in Albuquerque shooting following Walmart altercation
- Weather: Windy weather continues for some into Wednesday
- New Mexico: Crew member who gave Baldwin gun subject of prior complaint
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
When deputies got there they found Montoya in an embankment near the store. They say Montoya fired a shot in the air so the deputies pulled back and waited for the SWAT team to come help. Montoya eventually tried to flee and that’s when a deputy fired a shot and hit him. He was taken to the hospital and will face charges once he’s discharged. It’s unclear why Montoya was armed and upset.
NMSP says no deputies were injured and investigative findings will be shared with the district attorney for review.