SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A feature film has begun production in Santa Fe. God is a Bullet is filming at Bonanza Creek Ranch and surrounding areas.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
The film follows a former detective whose wife is murdered and whose daughter is kidnapped by a satanic cult. With the help of a cult escapee, he goes undercover to join the cult and rescue his daughter.
The production will employ about 85 New Mexico crew members, 5 principal cast members, and 5 background actors. Producer Michael Mendelsohn has filmed at that location before and said they’re looking for places in the state to expand their production facilities.