SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – The state’s newest Supreme Court justice is now officially on the bench. Justice Briana Zamora took the oath of office during a private ceremony Monday morning.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Martes 21 de Septiembre 2021
She took the oath surrounded by her family and fellow justices. She was appointed to the state’s highest court earlier this summer, replacing retiring Barbara Vigil.