NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police are investigating a fatal hit and run on Interstate 10, near Deming. Police say on September 1, 23-year-old Anthony Saucedo hit and killed a construction worker, 22-year-old Carl Lee Johnson.
Story continues below:
- Albuquerque: Report finds CYFD repeat maltreatment of kids among worst in nation
- KRQE En Español: Martes 27 de Septiembre 2022
- Crime: Trial begins for MDC officers charged in inmate death
- Business: “It’s a daily issue”: Restaurant says homeless are taking over outdoor patio
- New Mexico: Socorro family files lawsuit after son dies doing TikTok challenge
NMSP say their initial investigation shows Saucedo was driving a 2012 Ford van and for reasons still under investigation, hit Johnson who was cleaning debris from the road. Saucedo fled the scene after hitting Johnson, who was pronounced dead on scene by the Office of the Medical Investigator.
An NMSP officer caught up with Saucedo and he was arrested and booked into the Luna County Detention Center. The crash is still under investigation by NMSP.