NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The Department of Game and Fish has been ordered by a district court judge to release the names and addresses of all big-game applicants from the last four years.
This comes after former land commissioner Aubrey Dunn and a Los Alamos man sued the department for refusing to release the information.
In a Facebook post, Dunn claimed he filed a public information request for the names and addresses so he could send newsletters from the Land Office to discuss hunting-related issues.
In the lawsuit, James Whitehead claims he wanted the information to make sure the department was conducting the big game draw fairly.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ on ‘Stay-at-Home’ order
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites