NAVAJO NATION (KRQE) – The Navajo Division of Public Safety has canceled an Amber Alert Wednesday in regards to two missing children. The division initially reported that seven-year-old Jayda John and 14-year-old Jaylee Spencer were taken from their uncle’s home in Fort Defiance on Sunday, Nov. 22.
On Nov. 25, the Navajo Police Department reported that both Jayda John and Jaylee Spencer have been found and are safe. Police reported that on Saturday, Nov. 21, the children were given permission by their mother to stay with their uncle in Fort Defiance. Authorities say on Sunday, Nov. 22, the uncle of the girls indicated that he left his residence to haul woods and when he came back his vehicle was missing and his girlfriend, Kristy Marie Pinal, her child, and his two nieces were not home.
According to police, Pinal contacted the children’s mother saying she would return that evening but never returned. The girls have since been located and are safe. The Navajo Police Department reports that this case remains under investigation.
Latest New Mexico News:
- Second case of B117 COVID-19 variant identified in New Mexico
- Hispano Chamber of Valencia County hosts online raffle to raise scholarship funds
- Proposed bill would modify Oil and Gas Act
- Bill proposal would improve education resources, internet access to Indian Nations
- Taos poet releases book reflecting on 2020