SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Meow Wolf family is mourning the loss of one of its key creative minds. The art installation’s founder and creative director, Matt King, died unexpectedly on Saturday.
Story continues below
- Entertainment: Concerts coming to New Mexico in 2022
- New Mexico: Tribal community receives millions for wastewater infrastructure
- Crime: Prosecutors say son of man charged in Muslim murders connected to shootings
- Rankings: Cities with the fastest-growing home prices in New Mexico
- Always On: Props from Better Call Saul to be auctioned off
King was instrumental in developing Meow Wolf’s immersive concept way back in 2008 and had a hand in creating dozens of the displays at the original site in Santa Fe, as well as the subsequent locations in Denver and Las Vegas.
According to Meow Wolf, King called the project part of his life’s purpose toward creating a better world. Plans for a memorial service are in the works.