HOBBS, N.M. (KRQE) – A golf tournament this weekend will honor seven members of a college golf team, killed in a crash. The “Swing Fore Nine” benefit is set for Saturday at the Rockwind Community Links in Hobbs.
Story continues below
- Crime: APD: 2 in custody after standoff at northwest Albuquerque gas station
- Albuquerque: Lawsuit alleges CYFD cover-up over 4-year-old’s death
- KRQE Investigates: “Take down, take down:” An inside look at catching shoplifters
- New Mexico: Socorro animal shelter looking for info after dog left outside of facility
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 26 de Mayo 2022
All of the proceeds will go to the families of those killed as well as the two survivors of that crash. The team from the University of the Southwest was on its way home to Hobbs from a tournament in Texas when a pickup driven by a 13-year-old crossed and slammed head-on into their van. More information can be found on the University of the Southwest website.