LOS ALAMOS, N.M. (KRQE) – The Los Alamos County Police Department says there has been a rise in scam calls regarding utility bills. They say people are calling residences and asking for immediate payment for electric bills from PNM.
Story continues below
- New Mexico: New Mexico airman found dead in his home
- KRQE Investigates: Fighting foreclosure: New Mexico woman thought she paid off home
- Health: NMDOH issues updated public health order
- Trending: New Mexico National Forest Service implements closures starting Thursday
- KRQE En Español: Martes 17 de Mayo 2022
Anyone receiving a call is advised to either hang up, ask for the person’s information to verify with the Los Alamos County Utilities Department or tell them they have the wrong number. Police say at no time will any Los Almos County employee ask for credit card payment for PNM.