ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) – Holloman Air Force Base held its air show for the first time in four years Saturday. The U.S. Thunderbirds were the main attraction for this year’s Legacy of Liberty Air Show.
Story continues below
- Crime: APD: 2 in custody after standoff at northwest Albuquerque gas station
- Albuquerque: Lawsuit alleges CYFD cover-up over 4-year-old’s death
- KRQE Investigates: “Take down, take down:” An inside look at catching shoplifters
- New Mexico: Socorro animal shelter looking for info after dog left outside of facility
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 26 de Mayo 2022
This is their first appearance in more than a decade. The event was held to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Air Force.
Planes from World War 2 to the present day took to the skies, showcasing acrobatic performances. The base will also be holding a second air show on Sunday with gates opening at 8:00 a.m.