LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – A Las Cruces police officer received two major commendations for his role in stopping a man who killed a state police officer. Officer Adrian De La Garza was awarded both the Purple Heart and Silver Star awards for the National Police Hall of Fame.
- NMSP releases video on what led up to fatal shooting of Officer Darian Jarrott
- Funeral service held for Ofc. Darian Jarrott
- Hometown remembers fallen NMSP Officer Darian Jarrott
- Family of fallen Ofc. Jarrott speaks publicly for the first time since his death
- Aerial views of motorcade procession of fallen NMSP Officer Darian Jarrott
- Suspect in NMSP officer’s death served time for prior federal drug charges
- NMSP identify officer shot, killed near Deming
- NMSP: Officer killed while assisting with homeland security investigation
In February, De Le Garza stopped a vehicle driven by Omar Felix Cueva who had shot and killed New Mexico State Police Officer Darian Jarrott along I-10. Cueva and De La Garza exchanged gunfire and De La Garza was hit but officials say he didn’t back down as officers swarmed the area.