LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – The former Las Cruces cop accused of killing a man will stand trial for murder. Christopher Smelser is accused of choking Antonio Valenzuela to death, who was arrested after running from a traffic stop back in February.
Valenzuela died at the scene. According to the Las Cruces Sun-News, New Mexico judge ruled that there was enough probable cause to order Smelser to stand trial for second-degree murder.
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?
- Bernalillo County announces statewide drug take-back day
- In-depth coronavirus interview with Sec. Alex Azar, Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Dr. Deborah Birx
- Man sentenced for smuggling firearms out of US
- Taxation and Revenue Department announces phone payment option for taxes