NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – An injured oryx walking on a southern New Mexico highway received a little help. Animal Village New Mexico, an Alamogordo-based shelter shared a video of an oryx alongside a “code 3 services” work truck on Highway 380, seemingly to protect it from oncoming traffic.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The company does work on two-way radio systems. It’s unclear how badly the oryx was injured, but it appeared to be missing one of its horns. Deputies say it’s not uncommon to see oryx in the area.