NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A would-be robber was shot and killed by a homeowner Sunday and deputies have caught an alleged accomplice.
It happened along Highway 47 in Tome Sunday near Patricio Drive just after 7 a.m. Deputies say they got a 911 call of a burglary in progress, the dispatcher then heard shots fired. Deputies arrived to find 41-year-old Jason Shadron shot in the head, he was pronounced dead.
They also found a stolen truck used in the crime. Police say Shadron’s alleged accomplice 40-year-old Sammy Armijo took off on foot but deputies arrested Armijo Monday.
As for the homeowners, police have not identified him. They say they are still investigating this as a possible case of self-defense.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ on ‘Stay-at-Home’ order
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites