ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – People living in Creek Bed near Roswell are being told to leave by the city. For years, people experiencing homelessness have made makeshift tents in the Berrendo Creek Bed.
According to the Roswell Daily Record, the city posted cease and desist notices earlier this month informing people to leave the creek area. Meanwhile, the city is considering an ordinance that would make it illegal to camp on public or private property without permission. Homeless advocates have said if the city wants to pass the ordinance, it needs to fund a city shelter.
Latest New Mexico News
- BCSO release Body-Worn device update for week of Oct. 23
- Every Kid Outdoors pass gets fourth graders into national parks for free
- MVD making more services available online
- Moriarty restaurant refuses to follow new COVID-19 restrictions
- Longtime New Mexico lawmaker dies at 91