TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) – The Taos County Sheriff’s Office says a man from Texas died from a fall in the Rio Grande Gorge. Mark Diaz, 65, was hiking along the west rim on Friday with a group when they say he lost his footing and fell 75 feet.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
When first responders arrived, they say the man had died. Recovery efforts were postponed due to bad weather but say his body was recovered on Saturday.