NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Flags across the state will fly at half staff to honor the firefighter killed in an accident. Caballo Volunteer Fire Department Janet Tracy died Tuesday near Truth or Consequences when New Mexico State Police say a fire truck back over while she was helping a crash victim.
Story continues below
- COVID: Gov. recommends New Mexico mirror CDC’s new guidelines on masks
- Upcoming: New Mexico 2021 Tax Free Holiday List
- Crime: Albuquerque couple who left daughter in bathtub in trouble again
- Vaccine: State running behind doling out $100 vaccine incentive
- Sports: City faces property buyouts for downtown New Mexico United stadium sites
Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham ordered flags lowered starting Friday through sunset on Sunday. A funeral procession is also planned for Sunday. No other information was provided.