NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The Gila National Forest is now under a high fire danger warning. Forest officials say they’ve seen warmer than normal temperatures and less than average rain. Visitors should avoid using anything with an open flame or spark and rangers remind you to completely extinguish your campfires.
Forest officials also say to report fires or abandoned campfires to the Silver City Interagency Dispatch at 1-800-538-1644.
Latest New Mexico News
- Santa Fe movie theater set to re-open as restaurant
- Homicide suspect arrested in San Juan County
- Protesters opposed to public health order gather at Roundhouse
- NMED releases updated COVID-19 Watchlist
- BCSO release Body-Worn device update for week of Oct. 23