GALLUP, N.M. (KRQE) – The Gallup Police Department and Navajo Nation Police Shiprock District have canceled the search for two-year-old Alisha Lanell as she has been located. It was initially reported that Alisha was last seen on the early morning of Nov. 30, 2020, in Naschitti, a community north of Gallup. Police say Alisha was last seen with her mother Deenesha Victor at a party.
Gallup Police report that Deenesha was involved in an altercation at the party and was transported to the Gallup Indian Medical Center. Authorities believe Alisha was left at the party in the care of Renee Chee who is a friend of Deenesha, however, Deenesha doesn’t know where Renee Chee lives.
The Gallup Police Department is investigating details of the situation. The Missing Endangered Juvenile Alert for Alisha Lanell has since been canceled.
Latest New Mexico News:
- New Mexico was first in the nation to launch website for COVID-19 vaccine registrations
- New Mexico lawmakers, industry leaders react to Pres. Biden’s moratorium on oil, gas lease
- NM House passes new rules for virtual legislative session
- NMSP arrest man involved in double fatal pedestrian hit-and-run
- Report: Approximately 12,462 Santa Fe households received CARES Act funding