SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Santa Fe-based Forest Stewards Guild will be conducting a controlled burn across northern New Mexico this winter. According to the Santa Fe New Mexican, the guild will be working in partnership with the Forest Service, pueblo government, and other agencies to burn 7,400 acres of forest.
This will include working on the backlog of piled fuels on private lands, as well as burns for Glorieta camps, El Salto, Casa Angelica, and the Santa Clara Bosque.
Latest New Mexico News:
- New Mexico was first in the nation to launch website for COVID-19 vaccine registrations
- New Mexico lawmakers, industry leaders react to Pres. Biden’s moratorium on oil, gas lease
- NM House passes new rules for virtual legislative session
- NMSP arrest man involved in double fatal pedestrian hit-and-run
- Report: Approximately 12,462 Santa Fe households received CARES Act funding