ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – On Thursday, a fire broke out in the Berrendo riverbed. Officials say one of the homeless camps caught fire but crews were able to contain it to a small area.
Two people seen leaving the area were detained. It’s unknown if any charges were filed and investigators haven’t said what caused the fire.
- Local chef featured on Food Network’s ‘Chopped’
- PHOTOS: Winter weather continues across New Mexico
- Recent Listeria infection outbreak traced back to deli meat, CDC says
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta becomes hurricane again in the Gulf of Mexico
- Catholic parishioners demand Mass from Archbishop