Story Continues Below
- New Mexico: Warrant reveals gun not thoroughly checked before movie set shooting; sheriff not ruling out charges
- COVID: New Mexico’s delta-fueled COVID-19 case plateau continues, vaccines for kids soon
- Weather: Calmer and warmer weather on the way
- Recalls: Recalled Walmart product linked to deadly infection was sold in 18 states including New Mexico
- Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 27 de Octubre 2021
According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Rico was found safe in Guadalajara, Mexico last week. The boy was allegedly taken by his father, Jorge Rico-Ruvira in January 2020 after police say he killed the boy’s mother, Isela Mauricio-Sanchez.
Federal investigators say Rico-Ruvira was arrested and is pending extradition to the U.S. to face charges.