NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The FBI says they have identified a man who they originally believed abducted a girl. It turns out it wasn’t a kidnapping at all. The FBI previously said a man took the 13-year-old girl from an RV park near Farmington last week. The girl was found the next morning at a trading post in Arizona.
Story continues below
- New Mexico: Murder suspect from New York arrested near Edgewood
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Warmer weather this weekend after a cold start to Saturday
- Crime: Shoplifter hits Target stores 20+ times, taking thousands in goods
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
The FBI sent out a sketch. They have since identified the man and says after interviewing him they are still sorting out what happened but they are no longer considering it a kidnapping. According to a news release from the FBI Albuquerque Division, they are working with the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office and Navajo Nation Department of Public Safety on the investigation.