CLOVIS, N.M. (KRQE) – The Clovis Police Department is investigating a fatal crash on Sunday, Oct. 3 involving a car and a semi-tractor trailer. Investigators say that a 1997 Lincoln Town Car had driven under the trailer being towed by the semi-truck.
Story continues below
- COVID-19: NMDOH enacts crisis standards of care for health care system
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque police, fire unions sound off on proposed vaccine mandate
- Weather: Clear skies as temperatures drop for some across the state
- Health: ABQ BioPark closes for staff mental health day
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 19 de Octubre 2021
Authorities state that the Lincoln was going at a speed that caused the top of the car to be sheered off. The driver of the Lincoln, 37-year-old Clifford Baca, died of his injuries. The female passenger is in intensive care at a hospital in Lubbock, Texas where she is being treated for head trauma.