NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The New Mexico Farmers Marketing Association is working to make sure those facing food insecurity have a chance to get fresh produce. The program called “Fresh RX” provides food vouchers to health clinics in nine counties in New Mexico.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
People can use those vouchers to purchase in-season fruits and vegetables in their region at local farmers’ markets. More information is available on the group’s website.