PORTALES, N.M. (KRQE) – An Eastern New Mexico University cross country runner was killed in a crash near the campus last week. University officials confirmed 28-year-old Sylvestre Kibara died last Friday when a pickup hit him while he crossed Highway 70 and West University Dr.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Video: Fight between two groups turns deadly in Albuquerque
- Top Story: Car drives through parade in Gallup; injuries now confirmed
- New Mexico: Bureau of Land Management asks for feedback on wild horse gather plan
- Crime: Deadly robbery suspect takes plea deal
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 4 de Agosto 2022
State police say he was not in the crosswalk. Kibara transferred from the University of North Dakota to ENMU in the fall. He ran in five competitions for the Greyhounds, qualifying for the Division Two South Central Regional Championship.