SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A proposal to ban cars from a busy Santa Fe street is getting some pushback. Wednesday night a petition was started by shop owners on San Francisco Street along the plaza to make the stretch, car-free.
The idea is to create an open, European-style outdoor space for businesses where people can gather, dine, and enjoy live music but a group of Santa Feans started a counter-petition advocating against the change. They argue closing the street will make the area feel more touristy and less appealing to locals.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve