SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – The main camping loop at Hyde Memorial State Park will be closed for the next several months beginning October 4. The closure will allow for the construction of a new solar system.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Warmer and quieter weather returns Thursday
- New Mexico: Warrant reveals gun not thoroughly checked before movie set shooting; sheriff not ruling out charges
- Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 27 de Octubre 2021
The project will provide the park with 100% of its electricity needs. Sites on the west side of Highway 475 will remain open. The main camping loop is set to reopen in May. According to a news release from the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, Hyde Memorial State Park will be the first state park in the state to be self-sustaining using primarily renewable energy resources.