ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) – Congresswoman Yvette Herrell says she will be touring Holloman Air Force Base Tuesday. Holloman and neighboring Fort Bliss in El Paso are among the seven bases that are temporarily housing up to 50,000 Afghan evacuees.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Herrell says her visit is to let Americans know the details of the process. We know once evacuees arrive, they are screened for COVID-19, then assigned to a housing unit.