NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Congresswoman Yvette Herrel is calling for expanding a national STEM program. Starbase is a program sponsored by the Department of Defense. Fifth-grade students participate in army and air force base science, technology, engineering, and math camps.
Story continues below
- Trending: Family of man accused in Muslim murders speaks out
- Albuquerque: Over 200 stranded overnight on top of tram after storm cuts power
- New Mexico: Report estimates New Mexico has 2nd highest food insecurity for youth
- Crime: Suspect arrested in murders of Albuquerque Muslim men
- KRQE En Español: Martes 9 de Agosto 2022
Herrell penned a letter to the department of defense saying Holloman would be an ideal location. She says this would help students in an underserved area.