NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – New Mexico’s three Catholic Bishops are speaking out after a Jewish family in Mountainair says they found a burning cross in their yard. Tom and Merrie Bigham believe they were targeted because of their faith and police are looking into whether it was a hate crime.
Story continues below:
- Jobs: City of Albuquerque still trying to fill vacancies; hiring bonuses continue
- Vaccine: Vaccination deadline looms for NM university students, faculty, and staff
- Education: APS seeing a rise in violence and bad behavior among students
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Archbishop John Wester says it’s a horrible expression of hate and intolerance and says the church stands with the Jewish community.