The City of Alamogordo announced it will host a Reverse Parade meaning the floats line up and remain stationary while the spectators drive by to check them out. The event will take place at the Otero County Fairgrounds.
The city is accepting applications to enter the parade through Friday, June 26. The original theme of the parade selected back in February was “This Land is Your Land” but participants can decorate their entry in any patriotic way they’d like. If the city doesn’t have a minimum number of participants, they may be forced to cancel the event.
“Come out and help us to celebrate our great Nation’s birthday by entering a float in our reverse parade. Decorate your own vehicles and show off your creativity as you drive through the Fairgrounds to celebrate with our community,” said Community Services Director Veronica Ortega in a press release.
The parade will take place on July 4 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. To register for the parade, visit the City of Alamogordo website. If you have any questions please contact the City’s Special Events Manager Josh Sides at 575-439-4279.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve