ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – The City of Roswell could begin the process of condemning a building after it collapsed. A city spokesperson says the roof and south side wall caved in at the Main Street Building last Sunday. No injuries were reported.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 16 de Septiembre 2021
The city has given the owner until September 17 to obtain a permit to clean it up. If that doesn’t happen, the city could decide to move forward with an emergency demolition to have its crews clear out the debris.