TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) – A man in a cartoon bear suit is turning heads across the US, and he made his way through New Mexico. Bearsun, aka Jessy Larios, is a California man using his alter ego to raise money for charitable groups.
Story continues below:
- Jobs: City of Albuquerque still trying to fill vacancies; hiring bonuses continue
- Vaccine: Vaccination deadline looms for NM university students, faculty, and staff
- Education: APS seeing a rise in violence and bad behavior among students
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
He is on a nearly 2,800-mile walk from Los Angeles to New York, on a journey that has included the Navajo Nation and the Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo. Tuesday, he made his way through Taos, with some help from the sheriff’s department.
People who visit Bearsun’s page can donate to a number of causes, including cancer research, mental health, and environmental preservation.