TIJERAS, N.M. (KRQE) – Investigators are looking into the connection of the victims from a fatal crash near Sedillo Hill Rd. and Highway 333 Thursday. Officials say one individual died and two have been transported to the hospital.
- ‘I am now your worst nightmare’: Wife of APD officer addresses mayor, police chief
- Good Samaritan hops wall, helps injured officer to safety after shooting
- Juan Tabo businesses lock down, close early in reaction to police shooting
- Officers named, more details released in NE Albuquerque shooting
- Officers named in NE Albuquerque shooting
- California man charged in Thursday’s officer shooting
- Public’s help sought in identifying person of interest in officer shooting
- Four APD officers recovering, one in critical condition following NE shooting
- APD: Deadly rollover along I-40, may be connected to officer shooting
- Neighbors react to manhunt following police shooting
- Four officers injured after responding to robbery in northeast Albuquerque
Albuquerque Police Department Chief Harold Medina says it may have been connected to the shooting that occurred Thursday morning, leaving four APD officers in the hospital. “It’s a possibility when I spoke that we have some people in custody and we’re looking into others. That is one of the other possibilities that we’re looking into. We believe the car possibly fled from us in the city of Albuquerque as we were conducting the search,” Medina said.
Deputies say witnesses reported the vehicle speeding along I-40 near Central and Tramway when it exited at Sedillo Hill and began rolling. The chief says they are looking into if and how this could be connected to the shooting scene in northeast Albuquerque.
Highway 333 westbound was closed for a few hours Thursday, but it has since reopened. No other information has been released at this time.