Correction issued below
CHAMA, N.M. (KRQE) – An Arizona man is wanted for stabbing a man to death at a New Mexico gas station. It happened at the Speedway in Chama on Saturday.
According to Rio Arriba County deputies, Al Jarmar Howery, 30, was sitting in his car outside the store when a man approached him, reached into the car, and stabbed him with no apparent provocation. Surveillance video shows the suspect, identified as Barlow Jonathan, 31, then dragging Howery out of the car and continuing to stab him.
There happened to be a deputy in the store. According to a news release from the Sheriff’s Office Wednesday, Jonathan was shot by a deputy. They say Howery died from his injuries and Jonathan was transported to the hospital and is listed in stable condition. The Sheriff’s Office says Jonathan is being charged criminally with Howery’s death. No other information was provided.
Correction: In an earlier version we reported that the suspect got away on foot.
Local Crime News
- Police still seek persons of interest in murder at Santa Fe apartment complex
- Farmington Police arrest suspected arsonist
- Albuquerque woman facing charges after found in stolen semi-truck
- AG files motion to keep child predator behind bars pending trial
- Suit blames Albuquerque sanctuary policy in shooting death