TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, N.M. (KRQE) – She was her little angel. That’s why a woman placed an angel at the memorial for her daughter killed in a car crash. Now the mother is trying to figure out what type of person would steal it. Diane Jackson placed a memorial on 3rd Street in Truth or Consequences to remember her 28-year-old daughter Marie Murillo-Sandoval after she was killed in a crash in 2017.
Now the memorial is gone. Someone stole a four-foot angel statue and Jackson has no idea how one person could have taken it because of its size and weight. Jackson said it took four people to lift the statue.
One of her daughter’s childhood friends heard about the theft and wanted to do something about it. She got into contact with Jackson and told her she had an angel to replace that one that was stolen. Diane said she is extremely grateful for the new statue but said nothing can replace the original one.
“We all placed it there and then have it ripped apart like that. I’m not mad, I’m hurt, but I’m not mad and all I want is for it to be returned,” Jackson said.
The family says they do not care who took the statue and will not pursue charges or ask any questions; they just want the statue returned.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve