ANGEL FIRE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Department of Veteran Services added more than 800 bricks to a memorial remembering military veterans on Saturday. The memorial in Angel Fire was built by Albuquerque residents Victor and Jeanne Westphall in 1971 as a memorial to their son, Marine First Lieutenant David Westphall who died in Vietnam in 1968.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Each brick contains the name of a veteran, both living and deceased, and is placed on the memorial. More than 5,000 memorial bricks have been laid so far.