NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Three New Mexico schools are getting national recognition for their academic performance. Gil Sanchez Elementary in Jarales, Pinon Elementary in Santa Fe, and SY Jackson Elementary in Albuquerque all received blue ribbon awards from the U.S. Department of Education. This year, 317 public schools were given the award. It recognizes schools for high performance through the state, or national tests, or for helping close achievement gaps.
Latest Education News
- APS seeking input on proposed 2021-2022 calendar
- Rio Grande High School students find creative ways to give back to community
- PED workshops available to parents
- New Mexico Tech closes campus Monday after students defy health order
- PED warns rise in COVID-19 cases could close schools again