NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a commercial motor vehicle in Guadalupe County. NMSP reports that on Dec. 19, around 1:14 p.m. officers began their investigation of the crash that occurred on I-40 near Milepost 268 west of Santa Rosa.
According to authorities, an initial investigation indicated that a 2017 Freightliner CMV driven by 32-year-old Mandeep Singh of Michigan was traveling east on I-40. Police report for unknown reasons, the CMV left the roadway and entered the median, struck a cable barrier, turning the vehicle on its side.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Data shows drivers aren’t slowing down for speed enforcement cameras
- Entertainment: Official trailer released for Netlfix movie filmed in New Mexico
- New Mexico: $38.8 million in loan forgiveness for ‘ripped off’ New Mexico ITT Tech students
- KRQE Investigates: Albuquerque bus drivers speak out about violence
- KRQE En Español: Martes 16 de Agosto 2022
NMSP states that the driver, Singh was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected, causing fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Office of the Medical Investigator.
NMSP reports alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash. The crash continues to be under investigation.