NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – An 85-year-old woman is dead after a single-vehicle rollover crash near Causey. New Mexico State Police say on Monday afternoon, a 2011 Chevrolet four-door vehicle driven by Eva Lee Laverne was traveling north on State Route 114 and for unknown reasons, the vehicle left the road, struck a tree, and rolled.
Story continues below:
- Traffic and Roads: Eastbound Paseo Del Norte closed due to fatal crash
- Crime: Bodycam footage shows arrest in Santa Fe County
- Trending: State fair organizers say event was massive success
- National: Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- Don’t Miss: Bernalillo County isn’t mandating COVID vaccinations for employees
NMSP says Laverne was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at a local hospital. NMSP says seatbelts do not appear to have been properly worn and alcohol was not a factor in the crash. No other information was provided.