The Nehemiah Griego case is now on its third judge after another recused herself less than 24 hours after being assigned to the case.
On Thursday, second Judicial District court Judge Cindy Leos was given the case, tasked with deciding whether the teen who killed his parents and three siblings was rehabilitated enough for release.
However, she recused herself almost immediately.
The case is now in the hands of Judge Alisa Hart.
Griego’s original amenability hearing was with Judge John Romero but he recused himself during the days-long hearing after he was seen talking to a witness outside of the courtroom.
- Judge in Nehemiah Griego’s amenability hearing recuses himself
- Nehemiah Griego’s sisters ask judge to keep him locked up
- CYFD workers testify in Nehemiah Griego’s amenability hearings
- Hearing underway for man who killed family members as a teen
- Disagreement over what’s heard in Nehemiah Griego’s public hearing
- Police report: Nehemiah Griego investigated for sex crime while at MDC