ST. LOUIS (KTVI) — You have a chance to become a multi-millionaire Monday night when a near-record Powerball jackpot goes up for grabs.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque speed cameras ordinance signed into law
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Milder, sunny Saturday on tap
- Crime: Video shows alarming behavior of security guards towards customer
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
Monday night’s drawing is worth an estimated $545 million. If the winner chooses the upfront cash payout, they will receive $392 million. The drawing will be done at 10:59 p.m. ET.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
Here are five things more likely to happen:
- Being killed by hornets, wasps or bees. The odds are 1 in 59,507.
- Becoming president of the United States. Those odds are about 1 in 1 million.
- Becoming a movie star. The odds are 1 in 110,501.
- Going to the emergency room with a pogo stick-related injury. Those odds are about 1 in 115,300, according to Deseret News.
- Having conjoined twins. The odds of birthing conjoined twins are about 1 in 200,000, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
If hit, the jackpot would be the 10th-largest in the game’s history.