ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Seven Democratic presidential primary candidates have qualified for the sixth debate. The debate will be hosted by PHBS NewsHour and Politico.
- Date: Thursday, Dec. 19
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Location: Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.
- TV Channel: Local PBS
- Online Stream: PBS.org/newshour, PBS NewsHour’s YouTube and Facebook page, Politico.com, CNN.com and all CNN and PBS iOS, Android, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon apps.
Qualifying candidates for December 19 debate
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana
- Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
- Billionaire Tom Steyer
- Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
To qualify for the sixth debate, candidates had to reach 4% in four early-state or national polls or 6% in two early-state polls from Oct. 16 through Dec. 12. This is in addition to getting 200,000 unique donors, with 800 of those from 20 different states.
When’s the next Democratic debate?
The Democratic National Committee has announced the first four debates of 2020.
- CNN and The Des Moines Register will host the January 4 debate in Iowa.
- ABC and Apple News will host the February 7 debate in New Hampshire.
- NBC News and MSNBC will host the February 19 debate in Nevada.
- CBS News will host the February 25 debate in South Carolina.