FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- Erica’s Tuesday Afternoon Forecast
- UNM football’s season opener called off
- Report names biggest phobias in each state
- ‘I was so scared’: Pumpkin thrown off overpass smashes through student’s windshield
- Albuquerque man charged with murder in 1997 case