EL PASO, TX (KRQE) – The United States Border Patrol’s latest numbers in the El Paso sector show a major increase in the number of migrants trying to cross the border. This fiscal year, Border Patrol has encountered more than 135,000 migrants – nearly six times as many people as reported in 2020.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
they say more than 77% are single adults not seeking asylum. Nearly 16,000 accompanied children have been found, which is more than three times last year’s total. El Paso sector agents have also arrested more than 1,800 people in 195 stash houses.